Monday, April 4, 2011

Pollen and Pounds...

Man-OH-Man!!! After a round of anti-biotics and maybe 2 days of feeling a bit better, my allergies sneak up and bite me on the bum! I haven't dealt much with allergies in the last couple years. In the south, it was rare that my allergies would flare up. My doctor prescribed a nasal spray that she said is the best for allergy sufferers. BUT, it can take up to 2-3 weeks for it to start working. So, in the now, I have to just continue the benadryl, nasal decongestant, aleve program...and the girls are suffering too. Poor little coughing girls with runny little noses :(

One of the huge issues for me with UC is the weight fluctuating...I can weigh anywhere from 123ish-to 130. And this weight range often changes on a weekly, sometimes daily basis. So, not only do I feel like crap on the inside but I feel like I look like crap on the outside as well. I am ruining my metabolism I bet! Not that I even had a good metabolism to begin with and now I am messing it up all the time. I binge on cheese, sweets, and salt/sodium snacks or meals. If I stuck to a better, balanced diet then my weight could get down to a number I feel good about. I need to work out! Geez, I am soooo out of shape. Keeping up with the girls and doing even a couple small chores makes me feel exhausted. I am so sick of feeling exhausted. I am exhausted of the exhaustion! I just want something to be maintained. Hopefully I will feel so much better after my Remicade infusion...kind of ironic that an immune surpressor is going to help me feel better amd hopefully put me into a state of remission. I can only pray this friday infusion will make a huge difference and then I can FINALLY get caught up on all my chores and important tasks like job stuff.  Oh Friday, You can't get here quick enough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment