Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Good day...so far!

I guess that title sounds a little pessimistic...but I am feeling pretty confident that God is going to give me a break for today from major pain, allergies, and worry. Church this last Sunday was awesome. It felt like God had told Pastor Ron that there is a little lady listening that needs to hear this today. It was almost like a lesson for me. especially being a "new" christian. I am in the learning phase I like to call it to myself. I struggle with understanding how to pray, worship, and just grow in my relationship with Jesus. I am finally starting to understand the ways that I feel most connected with Him. I want to make a much bigger effort to  do more than just go to church and tune in on Sunday. I really enjoy reading my daily devotional that my Aunt Jeannette gave to me.

On a side note to this blog, it was such a "sign" or however you want to see how it is all coming together. I was trying to figure out a way to be able to do more reading about His word and try to begin to understand it and navigate my way through the bible. It was intimidating for me to just start reading. And I don't feel like I would get as much out of it, if I just straight read it. So, I talked to my BFF's Shannon and Brittany about what kind of bible did they use in the beginning or prefer to read now. There are a couple options that seem good to me. Easier to understand and some gave interpretations that help me UNDERSTAND what is being said. Anyways, I was feeling really down becuase I had made this huge trip and God blessed our way completely. From the wearher to how the girls did in the car for 4 days. And then here I am grateful to say the least for arriving safely but feeling like I was accpeting all these good things and not giving Him the praise and attention He deserves. I was completely broke also...Not just an exaggeration! Bibles and other supplemental books are not cheap! So, back to waht I've been trying to type out...My mom and I stopped to visit my Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins in folsom on the way up to my parents house. It was a totally spontaneous over-night stop but little did I know that God wanted me to go there and he has something special to give me through my Aunt. My Aunt and Uncle are very easy to talk to about my new relationship with Him. My aunt is always honest with me and has been since I was younger. She has a great way of explaining things and I enjoy talking to her because eventhough we don't talk often, when we do I feel like we connect and I trust her advice completely. I knew that she would be an awesome person to talk to about what kind of bible I should begin wtih and also gave me some versus to think about. Before we left in the morning she brought down her copy of "Jesus Calling" a daily devotional by Sarah Young. She said that she read it with her bible study ladies and most days the message applied to everyone in some way. Like he magically changed the writing to fit each woman. This something I have noticed too. It might be for me that I am so thirsty for knowledge and in need of so much direction and prayer that i am able to get something out of each day I read it. It is amazing to me that when I forget a day or two and then go back and read what I missed, it was something I really needed to hear that day and I get reminded of how important it is to read it everyday. Because the days I missed I can feel emotinally. I get down and side-tracked by material things or worries. Those things that aren't important and weigh down my heart. Okay, back to what the this is about...My aunt gave me her devotional and a copy of "The Message" bible. "The bible in contemporary language" they call it. It really breaks things down and speaks all the same truths as any bible does, just in Lame-mans terms for a beginner :) See, how amazing it was that we took this side trip and I was able to talk to my Aunt about how I was feeling about buliding my realtionship with God. And she happened to have worked in a Christian bookstore so she had extra copies of The Message. That is not something that most people just have "extras" of lying arounf their house! I am so thankful for that time that I was able to spend with my family and I know that the next time I go and visit I will leave feeling renewed in some way because I think God enjoys the fact that we will be talking about Him and giving praise to Him by coming together as family. So, thank you Jeannette :) I have no idea if you will ever see this. You have no idea how much it meant to me to spend that little bit of time together and how I think of it as something that was so important for me to have had that time in the point of my journey that I was on. I won't be forgetting it ever because it was a step closer in accepting Jesus into my life. Thank you. I love you!

I recently started a bible study for moms. It is amazing that the woman who started it heard Jesus tell her to do it. And it is right about the time that I needed something like that. This oppurtunity came just when I had such a strong desire to be able to connect with other women and in a way that will be positive in building my realtionship with Him. I am so grateful for this group of women and can't wait to meet up with them every week.

When I came home from Bible study this alst Thursday there was a present waiting for me on my bed. It was from My best friend Shannon. It was a bible. I cherish it just like I cherish my friendship with My Bluebird (Shannon). I am not good at explaining my feelings sometimes, alot of the time ;) I really needed that bible and didn't really know it until it was there, given to me. It is a soft, leather bible and I love the thin pages with gold on the edges. I am sure it is like a lot of other bibles but for some reason I truly feel like this bible was meant just for me. It sounds corny. It's not like it has my name on it or like it was dropped down from heaven above! I just feel like it is MINE. (ha! my girls are very into the "mine")  I son't mean it as MINE like a spolied little girl. More like I am connected to this bible by heart strings. So, corny but I have to say it when something that awesome happens and I feel so much about it.

So, this blog rambled on and on. I know it seems all over the place. But that is how I am in my head! So, this I guess really does give some insight into the inner workings of me. It may be hard to read, if there is anyone actually out there reading this!

The girls and I are on our way up to Templeton in a little bit. Whitney is finally going to make it to her evaluation appointment with a speech pathologist. She has made huge strides in her talking and vocabulary since we got to California. There are so many people that take the time to work with her adn help her pronounce things more clearly. It is amazing how much attention she is getting and how many people that surround us want to help Whitney speak better and more. It is all out of the kindness of their hearts. It will benefit some people in the way that we will be able to to understand what she is talking about but besides that all that work is just to help Whitney gain confidence. I am looking forward to hear what the speech pathologist has to say about what may be making it more difficult for Whit to talk clearly and be able to say certain letters at all. So, pray that we get a diagnoses of some degree, even if it is just that she needs more time. Okay, we are off to get ready to go to her "special" appointment :)

Take care anyone who reads this...and remember to take any worries or darkness to the cross! ha. I am really working on that so I'm passing it on as a reminder for all!

1 comment:

  1. Melissa...you made me cry! It was a divine appointment and I know God orchestrated our time together for many different reasons! I feel so blessed to have been used by God on this step of your journey. Remember, it is a journey and you never fully arrive...until Heaven. The one thing I am learning is that it is not so much about doing...but about being! I learned a great application this weekend that I start my morning with now: SEARCH my heart Lord, CLEANSE me Lord, FILL me with your Spirit Lord and USE me for YOUR purpose Lord. HE made you exactly as you are for HIS purpose and HE has a beautiful plan for your life...and for your girls! We love you and are there for you any time you needs us. Aunt Jeannette

    ReplyDelete