Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Keeping Up...

I have so much to do today and I am sitting on the computer. All I want is loads of coffee and cadbury eggs (the little ones with the candy shell) 2 things that aren't a good idea with colitis. I am trying really hard to change my eating habits since that can play a huge role in how you feel from day to day. My best friend Shannon is helping me with this...she asks questions like do you really need that? and we try to evaluate what is good and bad for UC since the internet lists of good/bad food is pretty confusing at times. One site says low carbs, low fiber, no raw veggies. Other say get more fiber, high protein, eat healthy veggies and fruits...I know for sure my gastroenterologist wants me to cut out dairy, only having yogurt with pro-biotics. No gum (bad fake sugars), no carbonation, no caffeine. When I saw him last week and I was really sick, he said a liquid diet...I tried but eventually I did get some of my appetite so I had some solid food. Keeping up with little ones when I don't feel like eating and I am cutting back to extremes with my caffeine intake is sooooooo hard. UC can make you tired all day but caffeine can make it so much worse if you are having a flare-up...I assume the stimulants cause more cramping....All I want is a day to get all my chores done and be able to PLAY with the girls too. Without feeling so run-down that I have to take braks just to stop the spinning in my head or catch my breath. I don't have a good a feeling about ever going beyond what I had intended to do in day...just wanting to Keep UP!!!

1 comment: